What personal data do I collect?
My main reason for collecting personal information is to provide you with the information or services that you have requested and improve the service and experiences that you and users of the website expect from me.
I will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you share with me: for example, you provide information to me when you complete an online form. Through these interactions you may share with me your personal details (e.g. name and date of birth); contact details (e.g. address, telephone number (including mobile number) and email address); your communication and marketing preferences, as well as any other personally identifiable information you include in your interactions with me.
- Cookies: when you use my website I may also use information collected by cookies. “Cookies” are small text files that websites save onto your device via your web browser. Some cookies that I use will collect personal information about you. Further information, including the types of cookies that I use and how to manage cookies placed on my website, please refer to my Cookies Policy (Cookies) below.
- Information from your online interactions: I collect and store limited personal information and anonymous, aggregate statistics from all visitors to my website, whether you actively provide me with that information or merely browse my website. The information I collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to my website and information on how you use my website.
- Publically available data: for example any information you have shared via a public platform such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page.
How I use it
Michael Muscroft Dip.Ph LRPS (aka A Restless Soul) uses your personal data to:
- To respond to your queries and requests;
- to communicate with you;
- with your consent, to contact you with details of A Restless Soul news and changes to and developments within the core businesses of Michael Muscroft Dip.Ph LRPS;
- to allow me to improve user experience;
- for statistical purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
I may also use your personal data in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where I need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
If I need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
Who I share it with
I may share your personal data with third parties as set out below:
- companies or organisations that I have engaged to provide services on my behalf;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or third party where I believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise protect my rights or the rights of any third party; and
- providers of back-up and storage services.
All my third party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. I do not allow my third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. I only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
How I protect your data
Michael Muscroft Dip.Ph LRPS is committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. My security measures include:
- Security controls which protect Michael Muscroft Dip.Ph LRPS infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access;
- Regular cyber security assessment to ensure I am ready to respond to cybersecurity attacks and data security incidents;
- Internal policies and procedures relevant to data and data security.
In addition, I limit access to your personal information to those in my employ, agents, contractors and third party service providers who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on my instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I have collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting purposes and in line with my internal policies.
Your rights relating to your personal data
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data I hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask me to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that I hold about you;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information where I am relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
Right to withdraw consent
In general, I only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data in relation to sending you news and updates. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
To withdraw your consent please contact me. Once I have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, I will no longer process your information for the purposes you originally agreed to.
Changes to this privacy notice
I reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and I will provide you with a new privacy notice when I make any substantial updates. I may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
All changes are registered at the top of this page by way of a date at the time of change/updating and a version number (e.g. Document Version: 1.0.0). If you have previously printed-off a copy of this page/document, then you can compare the dates and versions, to ascertain if you have the latest document.
The only difference to the above is that the cookies I use on my website do change from time to time, and I audit these cookies used by my website and other third parties by using CookieBot. This system audits my website every month and automatically inputs the findings into this page, in the Cookies section. That date will be different to my own date at the top of the page.
Only the newest version of this document as denoted by the date and version number at the top of this document and the automatically generated audit date by CookieBot shall be legally binding to all parties concerned.